<VV> Rich Thompson

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Wed Apr 6 13:23:57 EDT 2005

Hey everyone, Central Division Director Rich Thompson sent me this emaiol earlier this morning and I asked if I could please share it with all of you, which he has given me permission to do so.

Again, thanks to Rich for taking the time to submit his Corvair in for consideration.  He's right, great publicity for us.

Hey, I wanted to share some HUGE news with you. I just got it in the mail:

I have been invited to show my '64 Spyder at the 2005 Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance! WOW! This marks the beginning of their series called "The Best in America". I had to make a presentation for them and I guess they liked what they saw. As you know, Pebble Beach, Amelia Island and Meadow Brook are "the big three" when it comes to concours and I just can't believe they invited me and the car! As far as my knowledge goes, they have never had a Corvair in their field of judging. This the first time.

Talk about unbelievable exposure for our little car on one of the biggest stages in the car hobby. I could care less if I win anything. I think I have already won just invited to be there!

Man, I am shaking. Duesenbergs, Talbot Lagos, Packards, Cords, and my
Corvair. Somebody better pinch me quick!

I am still in a state of delirium over this! It is like a dream. I still
don't know what class I will be in, maybe "American Performance through
1969" or maybe a "Rear Engine" class if they have one or "Sport Cars
through 1969" but we will see.

Somewhere the Meadow Brook rules state that I cannot show the car in any
show anywhere two weeks before their event, I guess the car is out for Portland. Gives Bill H. a chance for a Preservation Award so he won't have to grumble to me that "I always win, I can't beat you" diddy he always says to  me after awards are over (haha).

I still can't believe this.....man, oh, man....

Thanks alot!!!!!

Best regards,
Rich Thompson