WC: <VV> Convertible Top Relay Question

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Wed Apr 6 23:03:11 EDT 2005

Hi Phil,

I am pleased to say that my $8 30 amp off the shelf relay worked liked the
proverbial hot damn (that's "hot darn" to the more genteel out there).
Moving the switch under the dash now produces a satisfying "click-whir"
forward and a "click-whir" backwards!

The easiest way is probably to fax the circuit diagram to you if that's
possible at your end.

BTW, interesting footnote - in doing some research I discovered that the
original relay is a stock GM item from the era and into the 70's. If you
Google "convertible scissor relay" you will find several places that sell
them (but go with our Corvair vendors first please if you go the stock
replacement route).

Bob