<VV> Corsa Tach doesn't work

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Apr 7 12:27:46 EDT 2005

At 11:04 hours 04/06/2005, Bill & Dana Young wrote:
>Hi all. My 65 turbo Corsa's tach is stuck at approx. 3000 rpms... Is there
>a way to bench test this myself. Any hints on repair or diagnosis?

They're not that easy to take apart, to the lengths you have to go in order
to remove debris from the meter movement.   Or, as sometimes is the case,
repair the bushings of the movement which may have "popped out" and left
the meter movement rattling loose.

>   I understand Lew Rishell ?? does a fine job of repairing these and I
> will probably contact him if I can't fix it.

This is not bad logic.  Lew is good at it and he has parts on hand.   I've
done this sort of work before and I know how tacky it can be especially if
you do not have an adequate supply of mechanical repair parts (which I
don't really have, although I do have electronic tach parts).    Also, Lew
is a bit of an institution among Corsa.   Patronizing his business is a
good thing.

tony..