<VV> Head Temp & Boost

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 14:28:14 EDT 2005

If it goes much above 400, I'd be trying to figure out what is going on.  Don't think I'd wait for the needle to hit 450 to shut it down, or at least slow down and hopefully cool things that way.

I cooked one engine pretty bad after leaving an autocross.  The fan belt came off somewhere along the line (not sure just when) and I did not realize.  Convert, top down, bright sun behind me and shinning on the dash.  Did not see the light.  Monza 140 - no head temp gauge.

My first clue was when I started loosing power.  Pulled over on an interstate in 80+ temps.  Smoke rising from the engine - things were cooking in there.  Of course, I lost a valve seat a couple of months later.

Later, JR