<VV> Re: Oils

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Thu Apr 7 22:18:09 EDT 2005

Hhhmmmmm?  Would I rather put oil in my rare engine that came from dirt and
dinosaurs, or something nice and clean from the mysterious world of science...
.? I too had a positive experience with synthetic oil in a 160K+ miles
Explorer. I was getting some oil usage and occasional low oil pressure under load. I
switched to a blend (cheaper than total) synthetic and saw some improvement,
so this last time at 170K I bit the bullet and bought some full stuff on sale
and have not seen the oil pressure needle drop out of the middle yet....I did
notice an oil stain on the driveway, but haven't had a chance to check the
cause.
Grant
I've never heard of oil comsumption going DOWN after switching to
synthetic, but I have heard of it
going up.