<VV> RE: Anybody got a source for an electrically operated vacuum switch

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Fri Apr 8 07:48:41 EDT 2005

Hi Craig.

I believe I got this worked out.  Power from ignition wire (direct
depending on current needed, otherwise solonoid.)

Engine on at idle =
vent distributor
close off vacuum (manifold vacuum)

A normally closed switch will be used.

 Throttle at idle = switch off as I figure that when the engine is off
and the throttle is closed I want no current to be flowing.

SOOOO,

Off   VAC  |---DIST

            VENT

On   VAC-----DIST

            VENT

Off = vent (throttle at idle) = open
On = open or or pass vacuum (throttle open).

Appreciate the help!

JED

  _____