<VV> I think I've seen it all....

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Apr 8 16:59:32 EDT 2005

At 10:34 hours 04/08/2005, Mike Stillwell wrote:

>--- Tony Underwood <tonyu at roava.net> wrote:
> >
> > I've done it...  when I could get away with twisting
> > the PCV plumbing
> > around.   It's actually a good idea to point the
> > snout into an area where
> > it can pick up cooler air, especially in summertime.
>
>  Tony - take a look again at where the snout is going.
>The fabric hose is still there, so the air coming in
>will have to travel backwards from the interior vents,
>and if the heater lever is depressed, it will suck hot
>air from the lower shrouds into the carbs, etc...

My error... I should have looked closer at this particular application ;)
and not assumed that the owner would long since have *Removed* this useless
"air" feed for the car's interior, which doesn't feed anything resembling
"cool" air into the car.   Mine are all defeated, not used, the shroud
plugged, hoses removed.  In fact, leaving the hose off the air box under
the car will allow cooler air than ever comes out of that engine shroud to
get sucked into the car when the lever is in the "cool" position.  This
leaves the firewall opening available as a source for fresh cool air for
the carbs.

Indeed this one seems to still have the oval hose attached, which would
tend to defeat the point I'd made about the opening leading to an outside
air source.

So, the buyer can still remove that hose and there's the fresh cool air
source.

tony..