<VV> question about pressure plate fingers

John McMahon jmac2112 at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 10 21:34:11 EDT 2005

I've been working on my flywheel and pressure plate, rectifying the strange
job done by the PO, and I've run across a "problem" that might not be a
problem.  If I bolt the pressure plate to the flywheel *without* the clutch
disk inserted, the fingers on the flywheel are not all the same height, with
a variation of about 1/8".  If I insert the clutch, the fingers even out
somewhat, but there is still a variation of about 1/16".  This is very
noticeable if I spin the assembly (I used a spare fan and blower bearing as
described in the Tech Manual).   How close is close enough?

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe 110 with 4 speed