<VV> more input shaft seal

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Mon Apr 11 21:15:20 EDT 2005

Potts to Pitts -
     I'll add that you SHOULD inspect the shaft in the bore of which the
input-shaft seal is installed. This shaft CAN get cracked, particularly if
someone pries across its internal diameter in an attempt to get the old
input-shaft seal out (don't do this, OK?). If it does get cracked, it WILL
leak gear oil no matter how new the shaft seal is.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C