<VV> RE: Left hand instruments No Corvair

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Mon Apr 11 21:42:17 EDT 2005

For what it's worth I never quite understood the idea of a left handed
guitar. You need to use BOTH hands to play anyway.  Ever seen a left hand
flute, saxophone, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, piano, or keyboard?  If you
decide to play left handed, you limit the selection of guitars available,
end up special ordering something etc.

Of coarse if you're already playing left hand I guess you are stuck.  Unless
you want to switch.  Oh, never mind.  A competent luthier can convert to
left hand if desired.

Steve

But I play sax, clarinet, flute, so what do I know of guitars?

> Anybody in Madrid Spain.  My sister is trying to buy my Nephew a left
> handed guitar.  The best one to get aparently is made in Madrid Spain, but
> they won't ship them.

I've NEVER heard anyone complain about an Ovation guitar, and they make
several lefty models!

John