<VV> new car for me - towing

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Apr 13 15:29:34 EDT 2005

Yesterday a seller and I agreed on a price for his 65 Monza convertible so I am finally not going to be Corvairless.  Thanks to all here who have responded to my questions.  The car I'm getting is in great shape and needs nothing from me right now, which I'm a little bit dissapointed about because I kind of wanted a project car to work on.  I have been convinced that I would spend more restoring a car than I would buying one that had been restored plus summer's coming and I'd rather drive it than work on it.  Plus, being 40 years old, there'll be work needed soon enough.

The seller says I need to tow it from North Carolina to Yorktown Virginia (6 hour drive) because the front end is way out of alignment (since the front suspension has been reworked).  Can a 4-speed be towed with a dolly with its rear wheels on the ground?  It's a convertible so I don't want to tow it backwards.  I'd rather drive it but coordinating an alignment in NC with me in VA may be difficult.

mike