<VV> Well, so...

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 16:00:43 EDT 2005

So I guess it seems t me like what I really want to do
is this.

Get the car down to bare metal(there are two
completely diferent paint jobs on the car, and neither
are pretty.

self-etching primer, thick sandable primer(to get my
surface all smooth, sealer(this might go in with the
primer, I haven't quite figured that out yet)

lots of snading to get it smooth, go to 400 with the
thick crap, then do a guide coat, and sand with like
600 grit(since the color is going to be metallic blue)

I figure after that, just drive the damn thing down to
Maaco, and get a spendier paint job from them(use the
money I saved by doing my own body work on a better
quality paint job) and then I should have an okay
final product.

Scott and I are actually pretty good at doing body
work, and I've got a solid car to work with (with one
side that has a lot of mud-like primer on it...) so I
don't think that stripping and priming will be all
that much of a challenge, but rather a lot of hard
work.

One other question I have now though is... I should do
the body work AFTEr I have the car running, and get
all the money saved up so I can go straight from body
work down to the paint place so moisture doesn't end
up messing up the primer I've got going on...is this
correct?

fun.  I still have some really expensive stuff to buy
before the car runs...including, but not limited
to...a Clutch/PP kit, a full brake kit, and a full set
of pre-bent lines.  plus I still have to install the
main body harness, get a new clutch cable(another
Multi-kit) and some other doo-dads too.

I definatly have my work cut out for me.  It's too bad
there's NO Corvair guys up North to help me out.  Boy
would that be nice....oh, and Being rich would help
too.

Thanks for the replies,
Ryan
Running for BoD-if you want to know my thoughts on why
you should vote for me, I'd be glad to talk.  If not,
then Vote for me anyway huh?  ;-)

And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.