<VV> new car for me - towing

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 17:27:37 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/13/2005 1:49:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> I think I got a bargain - the car is in great shape.  All the suspension
> bits are new and/or cleaned up and painted.  The engine runs sweet and it
> brakes (not breaks) better than any Corvair I've driven lately.
>
> What do you mean by checking the trans differential 1st?  Check the fluid
> levels?  So (assuming good fluids) nothing in the trans/diff will be hurt by
> being towed down the road without the engine running?

AH!  you've driven it!   I assumed it was sight unseen....  No problem then!
IMO!  You know what you bought..

YES!  check the lube level.......trans / diff share the lube.....65  will
have a dipstick at the right front corner of the engine bay...

Have fun!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V