<VV> Brake bracket... crap!!!

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 13 18:40:22 EDT 2005

I just opened up the front passenger side wheel on my 65 monza. There
is suppose to be a bracket that sits right under the wheel cylinder and
goes from a receiving spot on the inside of the front shoe to a
receiving spot on the inside of the back shoe. Mine's missing... I want
it back now!! ;op

I wonder which one of my kids did it?

Does anyone know the purpose of this bracket? I check the brakes after
installing a wheel cylinder on the front passenger side. Brakes worked
fine for about 10 minutes until after a few hard brake tests the
bleeder valve started leaking. It's one of those self bleeder valve
with the spring and ball on the end. Suddenly it's squirting fluid out
of the valve. Can these things go wrong? After I cool down I'm heading
back out to remove it and put the original bleeder valve back in.

Seems like the front wheel are the only ones braking... heavy sigh ...
It never ends.  ;op

"English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys,
knocks them over, and goes through their
pockets for loose grammar."