<VV> new car for me - towing

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corp. vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Apr 13 19:44:12 EDT 2005

At 05:27 PM 4/13/2005, mhicks130 at cox.net wrote:

>I was willing to drive it as is (it drives fine at low speeds) but the
>seller said don't do it.  If I could get it close in his driveway, close
>enough to not completely wreck the tires (or the CAR!!!) I'd drive that
>baby home.

Do that.  Corvairs that are poorly aligned are miserable to drive, but
they're miserable to tow, too.  Do a quick-n-dirty in his driveway, then
drive it to an alignment shop that is familiar with IRS Corvettes.  Tell
'em the back is just like the Corvette, give 'em the front and rear
alignment specs from that shop manual you just ordered, and then drive it home!

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net