<VV> do-it-yourself alignments

Ruth Dorogi dfamily at cecomet.net
Wed Apr 13 21:45:33 EDT 2005

When I restored my rampside I had virtually every nut and bolt off the vehicle.  The front and rear suspensions were removed and rebuilt and extensive body work was done to repair rust problems.  After I put the rampside back together again I did a do-it-yourself alignment using the available written material available from our vendors and homemade toe-in gauges and string.   Just wanted to get it in good enough shape to be able to drive it to an alignment shop.  Well, the vehicle handles well doesn't pull, and goes down the road as straight as can be.  I don't have much confidence in the local shops working on a rampside so I never got it aligned.  After 2300 miles the tires look fine and the old truck is a joy to drive.  Sometimes I feel I should have a professional check it out but frankly I am afraid they will just screw it up.  What do all of you think?  Dennis Dorogi