<VV> Re: Ken W & Alignment (was: new car for me - towing)

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Apr 14 21:05:42 EDT 2005

I wrote:

 > ... drive it to an alignment shop and tell 'em it's the same as a 1967
Corvette. <

Then Ken wrote:

 > What am I missing here?  What's wrong with taking the alignment specs
and the car to an alignment shop and letting them set it to the written
specs? <

What's wrong is that today many alignment shops say "No" by knee-jerk
reaction when you say "Corvair," whether or not you have the specs in your
hand.  Can't do a Corvair, they think, it's too wierd.

But by saying "Corvette" they think "cool" and welcome you in.

My first question to every alignment shop I've ever visited has been, "Can
you do a 1967 Corvette?"

--Bob
Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net