<VV> Re: CORVAIR POWERED AIR BOATS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Apr 15 08:34:38 EDT 2005

a loong time ago i sold an engine i built with the bill thomas 4 carb
conversion on it to a guy who built a very good running airboat.  he used to go
flying by our camp many times with this thing.  wish i had pictures. i ended up
with this engine back thru a round about way after his death. i resold it
converted back for car use.  i have the cut bell housing piece here hanging on my
shop wall. he had a prop rated at 200hp on it that failed so went to a different
one. i am not sure what it was but it came from a plant in texas. this thing
was extremely noisey with headers and prop noise . it was on a flat bottom boat
running around the erie canal here for a lot of years.there was also a chevy
smallblock here but he never could resolve all the issues with it. it was not
stable or steerable at all.not sure where it is now.  i have a picture of that
bell nose piece here.
regards, tim colson