<VV> Chrome Re-Plating

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Fri Apr 15 19:47:51 EDT 2005

I've had TWO bad experiences with Chrome plating shops.  On both occasions,
I didn't accept the chrome because it was:

Yellow
Pitted
Scratched

or otherwise CLEARLY inferior.

SO... my recommendation to you is; when you pick up your chrome, REMOVE it
from it's wrapping, take it out into the sunlight, and look it over CLOSELY.
Do NOT accept anything with obvious flaws... and make sure you look at it on
an angle to search for fine scratches.

Joe West
Administrator
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com