<VV> Removing Early Tranny

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Sat Apr 16 14:19:27 EDT 2005

Smitty Says:  Bill talks about using jack stands.  Tony talks about using
tree stumps. Bill talks about in the garage.  Tony talks about the back
yard.  Proper equipment and the best way to do things gets lost in the
nuances.  Truth be known, given the option, Tony would likely prefer to
do the job on a nice wide clean garage floor with proper support under
the car and proper lifting equipment and drop the entire unit.  Then work
on the transmission standing up.  I used two Corvair jacks and a 2X10
plank to drop my engines the first few times.  Just because I was able to
do it doesn't mean it was right or that I would want anyone else to try
it.  Circumstances often dictate method.