<VV> Looking for 61-63 4-speed

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 14:50:33 EDT 2005

My daily driver ('62 Monza 102 / 4-speed) needs 1-2
synchronizers replaced.  I was going to pull the
transmission out of my '64 project car (using Jack
Stands and pulling the whole power train !!), rebuild
it, put it in the '62 temporarily (so I could drive
while in the meantime), then rebuild the '62 tranny
and swap it back in.  But if someone has a good or
rebuildable (good gears) transmission for the right
price I would rather fix it up and just swap 1ce.

So... anyone nearby (VA or NC or planning to attend
the Virginia Vair Fair in May) have a good 1961-1963
4-speed transmission in good shape?  I was planning on
rebuilding (new synchros, seals, rollers etc) but
would like one with usable gears.  Let me know what
you have!

Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on