<VV> removing yokes from EM drive shafts

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sun Apr 17 15:18:06 EDT 2005

I just pulled two originals that had never been off yesterday.  A lot of
swearing.  Was about ready to let them go to the crusher with the car.  I
have pulled many of these in the past and never seen one so stuck.   I
have a special made puller.   The final thing that worked was tons of
heat from a blow torch while keeping the axle cool with a wet rag.  Then
with the puller torqed as tight as it would go, hit it with a mini sledge.
This slowly worked it off.  It worked as I saved two nearly perfect low
mileage bearings.
HTH
Geoff Johnson