<VV> stumps. logs, concrete blocks and jackstands

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 16:43:52 EDT 2005

>I hand split all of our firewood so I know a bit about it, and, have you
>ever tried to split stump wood?  Try it soon so you won't worry about it
>anymore.

And as I pointed out earlier, even if the log does split it is still there,
log-shaped and with a split in it. The car still ain't going to fall down
the split, and my logs are wide enough and stable enough so that both the
halves would stand and support the car independently, even if they did
split.

My stumps are 30 year-old hardened stumps and are nearer two feet in
diameter than one (I like to be on the safe side!).

Cheers

Alan