<VV> If the General says...

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 17 20:54:36 EDT 2005

Garth, there have been rumors that GM hid a carb like this for years.  I
don't remember the exact details but Jim posted once about an older
engineer at Rochester who had a 50 era Rochester 2 barrel mounted on a
plaque with a sign this was the carb GM was hiding.  Maybe Jim can repost
with the real story.

Fuel only has so much energy.  Gas is most efficient at 14.6 parts air to 1
part gas (by weight I think).  You could get a little better mileage but
running a little more lean but drivability would suffer.  To make a carb
which would take a 20 mpg automobile to 60 mpg all you would need to is re
jet it to 45/1 ratio.  Don't think you would ever get the engine
started.  There is no way you could get 3x the mileage by doing anything to
the carb.

dp