<VV> Electric fuel pump installation

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 00:00:51 EDT 2005

PVanderl at mwestmp.com writes:
I have tried to fit it just after the fuel tank, but getting a
filter before the pump while still being able to fit the pump in a safe
place is proven to be more of a challenge than I expected.
Pat,
Put a new strainer on the fuel pickup and you don't need a filter before the
pump.  Then it's real easy to install he pump right behind the tank on the
cross piece.  No need to change the fuel line inside the tunnel.  I personnally
don't use an oil pressure cut out switch but rather install a togle switch up
under the dash for emergency cut off and it also makes a great anti-theft
device.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club