Fwd: <VV> IT'S OUT, IT'S OUT!

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 07:54:34 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/17/05 10:11:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> Same way I used to do it before I could afford a floor jack.

Ryan,  Sounds like you're a veteran now.  I did my first like R. Gault to
some extent--raising and lowering the car and powerpack until things lined up
though I used two car scissors jacks with the blocking.  I had cut up a 2x4 stud
into blocks about 6" long that I used to keep things steady.  The wooden
cradle with heavy duty casters was also a big step forward.  Then the floor jack
with a big piece of 3/4" plywood to support and protect the powerpack.  Almost
looking forward to my next clutch job and the new ATV lift.

Keep on Corvairing and don't misplace any spacers etc.  I'd also recommend
that you remove the front transmission crossmember now, clean it up and bolt it
to the transmission before you reinstall everything again.  That way you won't
be tempted to "pull everything together" with the transmission to crossmember
bolts when you reinstall things.

Best of luck.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair