<VV> Route 66 - Plans Form

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 19 03:11:41 EDT 2005

OK, let's see if this works.  Those that may be along the route, let me know
if this all sounds reasonably doable.  (or NOT)

First evening: Lakewood (isn't that an interesting name for a town) CA to
Needles, CA - 260 miles - 4 hours.
First full day:  Needles to Shamrock (got to get lucky with that one) TX -
907 miles - 14 hours
Second (and last) day: Shamrock to Glen Ellyn, IL - 960 miles - just under
15 hours

Hours shown is actual road time.  Obviously, there will be stops - so add 2
maybe 2 1/2 hours (each day) for those?

If I run out of gas (my body) on the last day, I should at least be able to
make St. Louis - which I know to be 5 hours from home.  But, being that
close and knowing ME, I probably will not want to stop when that close to
the goal.

Comments anyone?  Besides the fact that I'm nuts.

It was not too many years back that I did MD and home on a Sat - Sunday
trip.  Looked at three RUSTY Rampsides - did not buy any of them.  Got one
near St. Louis several months later.  Nice, right Bob Bauer?

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140
(signature change will possibly be transparent)