<VV> Transmission Problems ll

golfer254 at netzero.net golfer254 at netzero.net
Tue Apr 19 15:40:38 EDT 2005

Many thanks for the numerous replies to my problem.
    I did not have any tree stumps available, so I went to Home Depot, and Lowes, but they didn’t have any in stock. But they offered to sell me a tree. So I thought to my why should I buy a tree from them, I have them growing in my yard. So I went home and proceeded to cut down one of my trees, in order to obtain some tree stumps. Everything was going OK until the tree I was cutting
down fell on my neighbor’s garage. I am now the new owner a damaged 2000 KIA. I am also getting extensive on the job training in garage rebuilding. One of my other neighbors said he had a bunch of tree stumps and was glad to give them
away. I selected two that looked fairly sturdy. They held up my car real well, but what my neighbor neglected to tell me was that they were poison oak.
    But in all serious after reading all the replies that the best route to follow was to pull the entire power train.  I am 72 years old and did not feel that I could bench press the transmission. I own a garage with a concrete floor so I did not have to worry about jack stands sinking in the mud. I used an ATV jack that I purchased from Costco.  The power train came out without any trouble. Once again many thanks for the many helpful suggestions.
    Tom Norris
    PS. I know poison Oak is not a tree, it’s a shrub.