<VV> Route 66 - Plans Form

corvair6t5 at aol.com corvair6t5 at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 16:38:10 EDT 2005

JR,
  Just curious, but are these times based on taking I-40 & I-55 back to Illinois? Reason I ask, having travelled 66 more times than I can remember in the last 10 years, I can say with 100% certainty averaging 60+mph on Route 66 isn't possible. It's all 2-lane, and in some areas even dirt. Even without making any stops (other than eats & gas) you'd probably average 40-45mph on a day's drive. That's just been my experience. But if you plan on taking 10,15,40, and 55 back home, then I'd say your times are do-able. I wouldn't do it, but it's do-able!
  Hey, it was good to see you come down to Pittsboro for our gig Saturday! Hopefully you can get some more Chicago guys to come along next time.

Regards,

Pat Bremer
Speedway, IN
http://roadtripmemories.com