<VV> Model name question (No Corvair)

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 17:47:10 EDT 2005

I remember a Caravelle, which was a sporty (pretty) two door, and the
Dauphine which was an upright two-door sedan.  I think they also had  "Gordini"
performance versions of one or the other. Distant memories all.   I've heard that
even when new, the Dauphine was pretty underwhelming in terms of  power and
realibility.  I remember my dad admiring the Caravelle in its  day.
Craig Nicol

<snip>Back in the late 50's and early 60's  Renault sold a couple of
different models of cars.  One was called a  dauphine (sp) or something like that.
What was the other one, and which  one was the larger of the two.  If I remember
correctly the larger one was  a four door and the smaller one a lower powered
2 door.  Both rear  engine.<unsnip>