<VV> 85 isn't the point

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 19 21:41:11 EDT 2005

As a winner of a number of econo runs, I will answer this.  My 65 140 under
normal driving gets 20 mpg.  That is on my 26 mile each way, commute to
work which is mostly county highway.  Put it in competition and I drive
like there is an egg between my right foot and the accelerator
pedal.  Short shift out of 1st and 2nd, skip 3rd, get into 4th as soon as I
can; down hill, push in the clutch and turn off the key.  Never have done
any equipment mods or used cheating wheels like Landers (big grin) and I
can get 40 mpg.  Do I claim to or have ever got that good of mileage under
normal driving, no way in hell.  Does Lance Armstrong ride his bicycle as
fast down to 7-11 to get a Coke or he does pedal a little differently in
the tour de France?

dp