<VV> Re: [fastvair] FW: Water pump lubricant

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Wed Apr 20 10:25:12 EDT 2005

I use Water Wetter in most all of my vehicles that are limited by a marginal liquid cooling system (as opposed to air cooled systems which have an unlimited
supply of coolant!).  It does make a noticable difference, but I always run it in an antifreeze mix. I think it provides _some_ lubrication, but I'm sure the
antifreeze provides more.

For the track, I would run water, Water Wetter, and an aftermarket lube/corrosion inhibitor  like AC Delco X4O, prestone, NAPA Number 13, etc.

But a better solution is to pull your water-cooled buddy over to our side where you won't have to be concerned about an antiquated water pump!!

Bill Elliott