<VV> running lights

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Apr 20 16:20:48 EDT 2005

Thanks to everyone for the many responses to my question.  You've put my mind at ease - I was trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with the switch or wiring until it occured to me that it might be normal for it to do that.  Old cars!!

I'll investigate the wire switching business if for no other reason than to avoid bein' hasseled by the man!

mike

------------------------------

Message: 6

On a '65, this is very normal.  There is, however, a very quick modification
to make it behave in a more modern style and keep the ambers on with the
headlights if you so choose.  Its a simple matter of moving one wire on the
switch.  I'd go into detail, but I don't recall which wire gets moved
without looking at one.   :)
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/

> What is the normal operating mode for the "running lights" on a 1965
Corvair?  When I pull the switch to the first detant all four lights are on,
when I pull it all the way out the headlights come on, the rear lights stay
on but the front amber lights go out.  Is this normal?  Thanks!!