<VV> steering wheels and air cleaners

Christopher Ziebell cmzaustin at netscape.net
Thu Apr 21 00:54:36 EDT 2005

Nearing the end of the restoration of my 65 vert.  It has a 110 and a
powerglide.

I'm looking for options for the air cleaner and the steering wheel.  I
want to keep the spare in the engine compartment, and I was thinking of
using an open air filter like a K&N.  When I bought the car, it had the
two little airfilters, but the single center air filter would be OK
too.  What options have you all used to maximize the air flow while
continuing to allow for the spare to remain in the rear?

Second, I would like to upgrade the steering wheel.  I would like to
have something fairly rich and classy.  Is there something with leather
trim out there?  I would love to incorporate the leather from the
interior onto the steering wheel too.

Thanks!

Chris