Fwd: <VV> Water pump lubricant

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 12:00:20 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/21/2005 11:45:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jb30343 at navix.net writes:

> Interesting.  A few days ago I was looking at new Chevy Colorado
> pickups.  The salesman told me that there is a 10 year warranty on the
> cooling system.  I didn't pay much attention since this was a first
> look.  I'll check into the details if I decide I'm serious about buying.
> --J.B.

J.B.  That's the same warranty that says you can go longer for trans fluid
and oil changes--but most of us fall into severe service because of stop and go
driving.  If you work 15 miles away and use a highway without stop lights you
might get the 100,000 miles on your coolant.  I don't know why some mechanics
(including a nephew) don't like DEXCOOL.  I change mine as often as I did the
green stuff and haven't had more problems than with the old stuff.  I even
changed to the orange antifreeze in my '94 Olds with a 3.8 V6 without problems
(it's got 171,000 miles on it.)  ANY aluminum intake manifold bolted to a cast
iron block is going to need new gaskets at some point--if you can get over 150K
your're doing well.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair