<VV> Rampside with VW engine

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 15:54:04 EDT 2005

Take a look at this!
_http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6167&item=4
543535448&rd=1#ebayphotohosting_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6167&item=4543535448&rd=1#ebayphotohosting)

Someone put a 2.0 Liter VW engine in a Rampside!  They claim that it  uses a
VW 2-speed automatic transaxle that shifts from the dash.  Wanna bet  that
it's a regular old powerglide? I wonder; What was the point of this  conversion?
The VW bus 2.0 motors aren't particularly known for their  reliability and
I'd guess the power was only marginally better than an 80hp  engine.  They guy
must have had some disdain for Corvair engines, eh?   While the exterior looks
pretty nice, the  weird conversion and the average  quality interior certainly
don't add up to the reserve price.
Craig N.