<VV> Rampside with VW engine

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 16:39:50 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/21/2005 12:54:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
NicolCS at aol.com writes:

> Take a look at this!
> "http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6167&
> item=4543535448"
>
> Someone put a 2.0 Liter VW engine in a Rampside!  They claim that it  uses a
>
> VW 2-speed automatic transaxle that shifts from the dash.  Wanna bet  that
> it's a regular old powerglide? I wonder; What was the point of this
> conversion?
> The VW bus 2.0 motors aren't particularly known for their  reliability and
> I'd guess the power was only marginally better than an 80hp  engine.  They
> guy
> must have had some disdain for Corvair engines, eh?   While the exterior
> looks
> pretty nice, the  weird conversion and the average  quality interior
> certainly
> don't add up to the reserve price.
> Craig N.

********

Someone brought it up last week.....still just 3 bids......I'm surprised at
$3000!   gggg
It's hard to tell what tranny....as he states  CV  joints......but   also
Gen.     then  Alt    replaced!
BUT  VW's  rotate wrong..so must be a Type  II   or III   trans...3 speed
full auto

It is amazing what some will do.....BUT  gggggg
I've always wanted to see a early Honda mated to a Vair........I'll bet the
Hondas HP / Torque is far greater than the Vair engines....

All the stocker Vair engines I've ever seen on a dyno.....put out 60 hp  or
so.....in the cars...45  rear wheel HP.....dis-heartening for sure....
Even  Kent Sullivan  barely reached 140 hp  with his 3 liter  engine.......

AH  the good ole daZe..when $5  got you on a Chassis dyno...for a "checkup"
and I had friends at a buggy shop that ONLY  built Vair Buggies....so their
dyno was set up right!.......

  Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V