<VV> Rampside with VW & Subaru

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 23:43:48 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/21/2005 4:41:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, JVHRoberts
writes:

Given that the Vanagon guys are pitching the both the air cooled and the
water cooled boxers and sticking in Subaru engines, that should tell you
something right there...
BTW, just bought a new 'practical' car for me. A 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
wagon. With a stick shift! 250 HP 2.5L 4 cam engine. How do you think one of  these
would do in a Corvair? <G>

Well - Of Course, I live out in non-snow country. But if my brothers
experience and observation from New Hampshire holds, There will be a few of  these
4-wheel drivers who will find that (like Turbo-Audis) although 250HP and  four
wheel drive will get you going and cornering much faster in snow and icy
conditions, You still only have the same brakes as before. OOPS! Cars will  be
dragged out of the snow drifts for the first few weeks of the heavy snow.  Should
be some neat powertrains available for swaps come December!  - Seth
(California) Emerson

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette