<VV> Miscellaneous things...

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 01:08:42 EDT 2005

Hey all...

I've been feeling kinda weird lately...not quite sure
whats going on... maybe it's not enough sleep, or
maybe it's cause I've been smoking again(ech...a habit
I need to kick for good)  used to have bad anxiety(I
bet there's gotta be ONE person on the list that knows
what I'm talking about there.) hope it's not that
coming back.  I just feel very annoyed by things I
guess... Odd.

On another note, I removed the clutch assembly from
the frozen turbo today....should be pretty easy to get
the new stuff in there...I was thinking it was going
to be some big huge job, but mostly it's just some
bolts, and I've got to drill the old rivets out for
the bolt kit I bought.

Funny thing is, the clutch disc is actually in really
good shape...  I'm buying a new one anyway, in a multi
kit so I can KNOW that I've got new seals(plus I'll
need some for the changeover) and a clutch disc I know
is mechanically sound.

I also got the bellhousing off, and cleaned it up.
Should work very nicely with new gaskets and
stuff...nothing is cracked or anything like that, and
it's not real knarly old metal, so I'm happy about
that.

I never realised how much that whole thing WEIGHS
though...golly gee willakers...that flywheel or the
big metal...um...clutch thing in there is just crazy
compared to what I figured it would be...  but now
that I'm doing a bolt kit, I can discard the old
inertia ring on the flywheel, and I should be good for
the go.

I also removed the pushrods from the old turbo...they
seem to be in good shape, so if I ever need them, I
have a set around I could probably reuse.

I need to look in my many literatures here at the
house and see how I get the old cam out...I really
want to save it, cause it's a good hot turbo cam, and
it only has 35,000 miles on it.  a good point in that
direction from someone would be much appreciated.

OKay then...I guess it's off to bed for me...lots of
work ahead of me still on that car before she's
roadworthy (oh no, I've given my car a Gender...)

Nite everyone,
Ryan V.
65 Corsa Coupe
GROUP RED