<VV> Not Fonda her at all--fiction!

Thesuperscribe at cs.com Thesuperscribe at cs.com
Fri Apr 22 17:00:01 EDT 2005

Thank you for the "truth or fiction" link!

I, too, am a Vietnam vet and would like to believe that Hanoi Jane was put in
her place in a Montana restaurant. But there is so much BS floating around
the Net that we need to question a LOT of what we read and hear.

Now, did you know that Jane Fonda didn't like Corvairs? Yes, and we need to
spread this one around. See, way before "Barbarella" and all, she went to
Washington to protest the war and met Ralph Nader at a book signing ("Unsafe At Any
Speed," of course) and she thanked him for his book because she was mad at GM
because her Corvair (or maybe one owned by a friend or uncle or somebody)
leaked oil. It's true. I saw it on the Net a few months ago....

--Tom B in Calif.

***