<VV> A/C Suggestions (Eric Holte)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Apr 23 12:48:23 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/23/05 11:06:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pottsf at msn.com
writes:
The stock condenser MAY cause engine overheating, but I find that using
synthetic oil seems to cure that. No trailer pulling, and if you have to
deal with long hill climbs, you may need to consider alternatives for
condenser placement (no hills where I am). Your engine-cooling system must
be in tip-top condition at all times and in all ways.
Joe et al.
    I would also strongly advise using a cylinder head temp gauge if you
don't have one already installed (like Corsas do).  The stock condenser does a
great job of heating up the cooling air BEFORE it gets to the engine, so the
air's cooling ability is reduced.  You may also have to go to a higher octane gas
or reduce your ignition timing advance a few degrees to keep out of
pinging/knocking (unless you want to try water injection).
    Frank "needs A/C to stay cool-headed" Burkhard