<VV> Corvairs as links

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 14:05:14 EDT 2005

My wife and I received a letter from an old friend with whom we had lost
touch.  After seeing Corvairs in a show in Iowa where she now lives, she
remembered all the Corvair things her late husband (he died early of a genetic disease)
and I had done together with our cars.  He and she had graduated to Corvairs
after a business bankruptcy forced the sale of the Porsche and they needed
transportation.  I sold them a nice '66 Monza 4dr with AC (110 PG) that they used
until just before he died (he even autocrossed it).  He and I had supported
each other with repairs and "improvements" to our cars for years (with our
wives providing support as well).  We had lost touch after she remarried and moved
to Iowa, but the sight of Corvairs galvanized her to make a stronger effort
to find us again.  I don't think Mustangs would have had the same effect.

Corvairs have been links in many ways over the years and now that the false
urban legends are fading old friends even comment with respect about the cars
now that their collectibility is improving.

For these and the inherent value in the car I think our club will survive in
the future.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier