<VV> JR Update and Rain

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sun Apr 24 16:36:33 EDT 2005

Today my sister and I got out my 63 Coupe  that has been sitting a little
to much recently.  Headed West out of town to meet JR as he passed through
Albuquerque with his new 65 Convertible.  Was very nice to meet him, and
his beautiful new 65.   Chatted for a little while and then parted
ways and we headed back
into town.  We took the long way enjoying the drive.  Then  going though
construction area a car pulled out straight in front of us.  I had no time
to do anything, not even honk, but aim for the best.  This car was on the
left, curb on the right.  Hit the breaks and did I mention it was pouring
rain?  Barely missed the car, clipped the curb and went over a three foot
embankment and landed by the side of the road.  We basically did as good
as possible.  A few inches to the left I would have hit the other car.  A
few to the right I would have hit the curb HARD.  Luckily we landed in
soft
mud and no body damage to the car.  Tire and rim look OK but it is
steering a little funny now so we have it up on ramps to inspect
everything and
allign it etc...
Enough excitement for the day.

-Geoff Johnson