<VV> delete options-all corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 22:17:11 EDT 2005

Hey guys and gals,
This kinda ties in with my 64 700 sedan I got for Christmas a year and a half
ago. The option codes are 2M5O... sure, it has a powerglide... 95 hp engine,
single speed wipers w/no washers, no fold down rear seat, no rear arm rests,
PO installed a radio and antenna so I know it didn't have that.
Last summer at the convention I had the pleasure to stand next to lclc during
the dedication of the Lost Cause... "Larry, I'm trying to figure out an
option code on my 64 700 sedan. What does 5 O mean?" He asked the production
date... "First week of June, 1964, why?" He said "January 1st 1964 front seat belts
became a standard item, but you could order them deleted and save a few
bucks.".... sounds like the original buyer wasn't very fond of federal regulations...
Of all the Corvairs I've had, I don't think I had one that was ordered with
something removed.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)