<VV> cheapest corvair ever made?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Apr 25 00:28:07 EDT 2005

At 10:23 hours 04/24/2005, Alan and Clare Wesson wrote:
>>It's not unusual a find as you might think. Quite a few dealers would
>>order one just like that, just for stock, as a price leader, I guess.
>>Happened most years at many dealers.
>
>Surely, what's unusual is finding one preserved - no-one ever preserves
>the basic models.

The blue '67 500 in the driveway is as bleak as it ever was.   It *is*
wearing wire wheel covers instead of its original dog dishes (which are in
the barn) and it has some velour seat covers on the original upholstery, (a
previous owner wanted something besides a poverty scheme) but the rest
remains plain.   Still no radio.   Take a trip, sing to yourself.

tony..