<VV> Fuel Pump(s)

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 15:17:23 EDT 2005

Someone in the Corvair World was/is marketing a repair
kit for Vair fuel pumps----one of our elder club
members had one and handouts at one of our functions
---now neither one of us can remember who or where
these kits came from (that "senior moment" thing).
Anyone know a source- I've got a pile of pumps.

Our group has experienced an uncommonly high number of
pump failures lately---I had a new pump fail during
initial engine test - on the stand.  Is this a freak
series- or widespread?????

Another subject- Last week's review of the "Convention
wardrobe"   spotted      --  three tourists walking in
front of the Alamo-  the "egg with legs" body types -
flowered burmudas, v-necks, high top black socks, and
those straw hats with the green see thru part on the
front of the brim--going shopping this week for
mine-probably imported from the other side of the
Mississippi- TeXans don't dress like that - except
maybe when there is a hell of a lot of tequila
involved.

DM
Under the "X" in TeXas