<VV> GM Manual Tranny que.

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Apr 26 12:34:08 EDT 2005

At 08:13 hours 04/25/2005, Ryan Verthein wrote:
>My buddy Amber is looking for some suggestions for a
>manual(hopefully 4spd) transmission for to bolt a 350
>up to in her 71 Nova.  So far we have only thought of
>Muncie, and a...t10 I think?

There's also the standard Saginaw 4-sp and the BW Super-T10...  if budget
is the consideration, the Sag is most likely gonna be the cheapest unless
you find somebody who believes his Muncie is junk (which it isn't) because
it has a "weak case" and wants to give it away, or you turn up a T10 that's
a thorn in somebody's side, same reason.    The Sag isn't the most robust
gearbox on the planet but it ain't bad either, and will live nicely behind
a 350 if the driver doesn't go around sidestepping the clutch and the
engine is pretty much stock.

I've seen GM intermediate car Sag gearboxes on Ebay sell for less than 250
bucks.   (far cry from what a 18-spline Mopar A833 gearbox sells for these
days)

Corvair parts hunters should feel glad that a Vair 4-speed gearbox can
still be had relatively cheap compared to what you have to cough up for
larger car 4-speed gearboxes these days.

tony..