<VV> Engine checking by the exhaust

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 26 12:32:57 EDT 2005

This isn't a very good test. First off, I havn't seen a 'grey' exhaust pipe
since they did away with lead.
Carbon at the end of the tailpipe won't tell you much either, unless it's
heavily caked or oil soaked.
If you REALLY want to see what the combustion process is like with your car,
run it thru your counties emission test. THEN you have some real numbers to
check combustion problems.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD