<VV> GM Manual Tranny que

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 12:55:57 EDT 2005

I'd put a T5 in there faster than you could blink.  There are about  a
thousand variations, you might want to contact some Nova folks to get some  info.
You can find these in later Vegas and Monzas in the do it yourself  wrecking
yards for about $50.  At that rate, you can afford to blow one up  once and a
while.  The T10, Super T10, and Muncie transmissions are in so  much demand, you
will pay $500 up ($800 is pretty common for a  nice one).  Saginaw
transmissions are fine and trade for $100 give or  take.  A buddy of mine has a Saginaw
in a 454 El Camino that gets driven  pretty aggressively. It's been in there
for about 10 years and  this pretty much answers its ability to handle a 350.
Having said all  that, go for the OD T5, her wallet won't regret it.
Craig Nicol

<snip>
My buddy Amber is looking for some  suggestions for a
manual(hopefully 4spd) transmission for to bolt a 350
up  to in her 71 Nova.  So far we have only thought of
Muncie, and a...t10 I  think?  Thanks, Ry <unsnip>