<VV> GM Manual Tranny answer. - No Vair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 17:32:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/25/2005 8:13:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chevyd51 at yahoo.com writes:

My buddy  Amber is looking for some suggestions for a
manual(hopefully 4spd)  transmission for to bolt a 350
up to in her 71 Nova.  So far we have  only thought of
Muncie, and a...t10 I  think?

Thanks,
Ry

Somebody's suggestion of the T5 is Okay. The bellhousing would have to be
swapped. The T10, Muncie and the Saginaw all use a straight-up pattern, the T5
is rotated about 20 degrees to the left and takes a special bellhousing. You
also have the option of the standard Saginaw 4-speed. They are heavier, since
they are all iron, compared to the aluminum Muncie and the Iron/aluminum
Borg-Warner T10 (although some B/W were all aluminum). I've had each of them at
one time or another. The older T10 is the best shifting of the bunch, the
Super T10 (Last 15 years or so) is much stronger, but doesn't shift as  well.  I
have a T5 in my street Camaro and a Super T10 in the Camaro  C/P race car. -
The Flywheel and the clutch disk are another couple of  variables, depending on
the year of the engine and which input shaft the trans  has.  Write me back
if you need more info.

Seth Emerson